Friday, December 11, 2009

Web Piskies...

...are out and about it seems.  We lost our internet for a whole day due to 'recabling'.  We were assured it would ultimately mean a much faster service, but so far it just seems to mean that I can't access my emails at all, or the Typepad blogs that I like to read, or Etsy...or our internet banking!  My beloved spent rather a long time this morning on the phone to our provider while simultaneously sitting under the computer desk pulling out plugs and putting plugs back in, following the instructions of the person on the other end.  Finally it was fixed...we thought!  But alas, not exactly.  I think this getting half a service is more frustrating than no service at all.  But it really is a bit of a shock to realise how much we rely on it...apart from pulling out plugs and taking delivery of large bits of timber for the next stage of the super-bedroom-makeover, beloved has been twiddling his thumbs because he can't really get on with any work without it.  Sometimes it is scary to realise how much we rely on technology for everyday living.  I should really think of a better title for my beloved...though he wasn't impressed when I suggested the 'Merman'!

But here are a couple of paintings to brighten up the post anyway.  These two lasses came home from Melbourne recently, crossing the Nullarbor in a camper van with my folks.  They are called 'Nightcap' and 'Regrowth' respectively.  'Regrowth' has just had her hair done for that special occasion and it's springing out already and she's not happy, but that's Morning Glory for you, can't stop the stuff!




We retired our old couch at last, it's been hiding its decrepitude beneath crocheted throws for some time now.  We moved it outside, where Flynn has instantly commandeered it.  She wasn't allowed on the couch inside the house, so it's interesting that she decided that once outside, it's fair game for little red dogs!  And a perfect blank canvas for little people too, who asked if they could draw on it...I think they're a little obsessed with mermaids too.  Now that it's such a marvelous work of art, I'm reluctant to throw it out.  It's also nice to sit on for morning coffee!


5 comments:

Jo Potter said...

Hi Christina,
Thank you so much for the beautiful Angel Girl card, gold heart and the other little card. I will be sure to frame the angel because she is such a wonderful image. I want to leave you some good feedback on your Etsy shop but I don't know how too. Can you tell me how?
Also many thanks for your feedback as well!:)
I hope you get this message ok, if you have been having a few internet problems...
I love your bright 'Nightcap' images. The blue and red looks very striking.
Jo.x

A mermaid in the attic said...

Thanks for letting me know Joanne, and I'm so glad you liked it! Yes, we are still having web problems, I can access my blog ok, it just can't seem to load Yahoo or Typepad!..................and Etsy apparently...I just tried to reply to your message but I can get all the way through Etsy but as soon as I try to send a reply it spits the dummy! Grrrrrhh!

sue said...

beautiful artwork! i love nightcap, she's gorgeous.. very dreamy :)

A mermaid in the attic said...

Thanks Sue...she's in my Etsy shop as of now!

sue said...

i noticed she's in your shop.. i've been drooling in there!! :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails